Translate

May 4, 2015

MET Gala 2015


The most exotic and extravagant night for celebrity fashion has arrived the Met Gala "China: Through the Looking Glass’ theme" in NYC. The night when they can go a little crazy and over the top with their fashion game. There were some who took it a little too far and some who looked EXQUISITE. Here are my categories because they were lots of gorgeous dresses: 1. the over the top theme looks; 2. best looks with theme; 3. any other day best look; 4. least fave looks. Hope you like it!!!



BEST OVER THE TOP THEME LOOKS (5):

1. Zendaya
in Fausto Puglisi
Zendaya blew me away in this AMAZING theme dress. I love she kept it young and playful but still paying tribute to the theme of the night. GORGEOUS!!!

2. Rihanna
in Guo Pei Couture
Rihanna stopped the ball in this huge and great look. I mean you might hate it because it is over the top, but still she manages to do crazy like no one else and it definetley suits her, I love this look ON HER. 

3. Sarah Jessica Parker
in H&M
Sarah has proven once again who is the queen of the MET ball. She looks incredible and fierce. The delicacy of her dress and the extravaganza of her head piece made this an unfforgettable look. 

4. Georgia May Jagger
in Gucci
The brit model was chic and on theme in the most cool way possible. I love her kimono style dress and the young and playful colors. Her shoes finally sold me completely the look. 

5. Karen Elson
in Dolce and Gabbanna
Karen Elson went China like nobody else in this glorious over the top look. I love everything about this dress and I think it was the perfect night to wear it. STUNNING!!! Her pale skin contrasted with red and gold beautifully. 


BEST LOOKS WITH THEME (15):

1. Olivia Wilde
in Prada
When I saw Olivia in this dress my world stopped. She looks PERFECTION; the gloves, the beaded dress and I mean EVERYTHING. She looked STUNNING

2. Janelle Monae
in H&M
Janelle's look was one of my fave she sold me China completely in this elegant and modern outfit. I love her hair and her cape, she really embraced the look. LOVE IT!!!

3. Diane Kruger 
in Chanel Couture
My girl did it again she never dissappoints. Looking STUNNING I love how Diane ditched the ball gowns for this amazing and delicate number. The hair and the flower paired with the subtle red pop of color it's what gives me the China vibe. 

4. Anne Hathaway 
in Ralph Lauren
WOW WOW WOW, that was my reaction when I saw Anne in this gorgeous satin gold dress. I mean she looks AMAZING and original and she really embraced the China theme with her dress. Simple and gorgeous. 

5. Jennifer Lopez
in Atelier Versace
J.LO went full China with this stunning sheer ombre dress that has a chinesse dragon as a theme. I was ditching the sheer last night but this one was different and I LOVED IT. She looked truly amazing and CURVYLICIOUS...

6. Dianna Agron
in Tory Burch
Delicate, Inspiring and feminine I loved this dress on Dianna because it suited her perfectly. She stayed on the elegant and save side of the Met Ball craziness but still she looked STUNNING.

7. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
in Atelier Versace
Rosie might have looked simple with this dress but there's nothing simple about it. The shape and divine structure of this dress is STUNNING. It looked like a second skin on Rosie and she definetley sealed the deal with that bold dark red lip. 

8. Lizzy Caplan
in Donna Karan
Lizzy went full on GLAM and she nailed it. I was a little doubtful of this look at first because I thought it aged her but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me. She looked completely elegant in the most chinesse way. The dress itself is a work of art. 

9. Amanda Seyfried
in Givenchy
This look is another full on GLAM and this dress doesn't need much to go with just like Amanda did. I love that the theme is there on the vibe of the dress but it's not on your face theme style. She looks STUNNING and the bold dark lip added a lot to make this a MET GALA look. 

10. Katie Holmes
in Zac Posen
The hair and the cutouts that sold me this look. I have never seen Katie this radiant and confident. She looked PERFECT and her dress was STUNNING the midnight blue color and that bold haircut got me. 

11. Anna Wintour
in Chanel Couture
The Vogue editor showed up in a majestic dress that looked BEAUTIFUL on her. The color of the dress and the flower details screamed China and I love how this color looks on her. 

12. Lily Aldridge
in Carolina Herrera
Femenine and elegant this look was GORGEOUS and her clutch was just PERFECT for the occation. The bold lip added that extra for the Met ball gala. STUNNING.

13. Olivia Munn 
in J.Mendel
This ombre dress was everything Olivia needed to stand from the crowd and she nailed it. I love the playful combination of China and modern style. Her jewelery gave her that extra glam she need it to complete the look. 

14. Emma Roberts 
in Ralph Lauren
A Chinesse goddess arrived at the Met!!! Emma looked BEAUTIFUL in this elegant and sexy green dress I love her and she looked so gorgeous. I find the colors and the fabric very China so that's why I put her in this category. 

15. Amal Clooney
in John Galliano
The most glamorous wife looked STUNNING in this red and master piece of dress. Even though I love this look I wish she had done something else with her hair. But besides that I love this look. 


ANY OTHER DAY BEST LOOKS: This are the looks I loved but didn't quite fit in the Met Ball theme.

1. Kate Beckinsale: In a gorgeous golden Diane Von Furstenberg dress Kate looked like a KNOCKOUT. She looked BEAUTIFUL, but I wish she had added more spice and fierceness to her look because is the MET BALL. But still she looked incredible. 

2. Claire Danes: Claire used this Valentino dress that I loved since I saw it on the runway. It had that bold and fierce vibe but it lacked a lot from the China theme. 

3. Zoe Kravitz: Zoe looked GORGEOUS in this Alexander Wang sheer dress, that was bold enough but it had nothing to do with China and it was a little too casual for the occasion. 

4. Kristen Wig: She looked DIVINE like a greek goddess in this Prabal Gurung dress. But it didn't have anything to do with China, still one of my faves. 

5. Behatii Prinsloo: In Tommy Hilfiger the stunning model caught everyones attention cause she looked PERFECT. But even though this look is great it did't stand out as much and that's a shame cause she looked so BEAUTIFUL.

6. Reese Witherspoon: In Jason Wu Reese looked FLAWLESS but this look didn't belong in the Met Gala. 

7. Allison Williams: In a STUNNING Giambattista Valli dress the actress looked GORGEOUS. But still is not that type of Met ball style I was looking for. In any other red carpet this would have been a best dressed top of the list.

8. Carey Mulligan: The actress showed up in this Balenciaga that was a little to simple for the gala but still GORGEOUS look. 

9. Gigi Hadid: The model looked red hot in Diane Von Furstenberg but her look was too simple.

10. Lily Collins: In Chanel the actress looked beyond GORGEOUS but her dress was a little too simple for the occasion. Even though this look is a KILLER ANYTIME.

11. Vanessa Hudgens: In a cute and flirty H&M dress looked themed and cute but a little simple and too young for the Met. 

12. Rachel Weisz: Stunned in Chanel and she was on my fave list with theme but as I kept seeing the other looks they shadowed this one. Still a WINNER look anytime.

13. Rose Byrne: In Marc Jacobs she looked beautiful but it needed a lil bit of theme. 

14. Kendall Jenner: Stunning in Calvin Klein but to me she went to save I wanted more model edgyness. 

15. Maggie Gyllenhaal: She looked FLAWLESS in this land Mouret but ir was not quite Met style. 

16. Dakota Johnson: In a Chanel mini dress the actress tried to stand out but this was too simple for the event even though she looked stunning. 

17. Liu Wen: I think I was expecting more from Liu since she was so over the top and GLAM last year, but still this look is AWESOME.

18. Emily Ratajkowski: In a Topshop dress the actress embraced the theme and looked STUNNING but it lacked of content. 

19. Julianne Moore: In a Givenchy gorgeous dress the actress looked STUNNING but it was too simple her hair, makeup and accesories for the evening. 


LEAST FAVE LOOKS: The looks I simply didn't like.

1. Constance Jablonski: I mean it was Met gala and she showed up like this, I just can't understand this look. It isn't even a decent red carpet look. 

2. Cara Delevingne: Once again in Stella McCartney Cara brings the same style she did last year, but this time it was just terrible. The jumpsuit didn't look flattering on her and this was very dissappointing. 

3. Madonna: In Moschino Madonna looked very uncomfortable and terrible. This was just not for her. She could have gone full on theme she can do that. 

4. Solange Knowles: In Giles the younger Knowles looked a little overwhelmed by her outfit. I think I would have liked this if it had a defining neckline but it was too much. 

5. Julie Macklowe: She really embraced the China themed paired with braids. It's awful. 

6. Chloe Sevigny: In JW Anderson this dress wasn't ugly but it lacked of structure I think it needed alterations. 

7. FKA Twigs: This dress was not appropiate for the Met. It was just a NO.

8. Naomi Campbell: In Burberry I felt this was not flattering on Naomi. The color was no good for her and her hair was not the best match for the dress.

9. Beyonce: I just hate this dress. I feel that pony tail is too childish and this is not elegant at all. 

10. Jennifer Connelly: She looked overwhelmed by this dress. It looked more like a spanish theme than a chinesse one. It wears her out. 


***********************************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment